Rules & Regulations
From now until Valentine’s Day, you could win back the value of your jewelry purchase up to $500! Buy your sweetheart something shiny at Rogers & Hollands Jewelers, Ashcroft & Oak Jewelers, or right here online and you are automatically entered into the sweepstakes. It’s that easy! Up to three purchases can be entered, and a total of 10 winners will be selected on February 23, 2018. See below for Official Rules and AMOE.
Ready to shop? Let's go!
ROGERS ENTERPRISES, INC. WIN YOUR PURCHASE SWEEPSTAKES - OFFICIAL RULES
The Rogers Enterprises, Inc. (Rogers & Hollands Jewelers / Ashcroft & Oak Jewelers) Win Your Purchase Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Rogers Enterprises, Inc. and its affiliates (referred to hereinafter as “REI" or “Sponsor”). Sponsor and any other companies or agencies associated with the Sweepstakes (such as advertising, promotion, prize providers, fulfillment or judging agencies), together, hereinafter will be referred to as the “Sweepstakes Entities.”
Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the entrant’s (“you” or “your” or “entrant”) full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules including the decisions and interpretations of the Sponsor and/or judging agencies, which are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. JEWELRY PURCHASE: There is no restriction on the number of jewelry purchases per customer during the Sweepstakes Period. If a customer purchases more than one (1) jewelry item in a single transaction, the item with the highest dollar amount will be entered into the random drawings. There will be a total of ten (10) winners for the entire Valentine’s Day Jewelry Sweepstakes Period (as defined in Section 2 below). There is a maximum of three (3) entries per person, regardless of the method of entry. There will be only one (1) prize per winner. The total maximum combined prize value is five thousand dollars ($5,000.00).
2. SWEEPSTAKES DATES: The Sweepstakes shall begin on Friday, February 2, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. central time (the “Sweepstakes Start Date”) and end on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. central time (the “Sweepstakes End Date”). The period from the Sweepstakes Start Date through the Sweepstakes End Date is known as the “Sweepstakes Period.”
3. WHO CAN ENTER: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the USA who are 18 years old or older, as of the Sweepstakes Start Date. Employees of Sweepstakes Entities and their immediate family members (defined as parents, parents-in-law, children, siblings, and spouse) of each employee, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win Sweepstakes prizes. Any other persons with whom such employees are domiciled are also not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win Sweepstakes prizes.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are total of three (3) entries per person allowed, regardless of the method of entry. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. There are two (2) ways to enter during the Sweepstakes Period. All potential prize winners will be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 (entitled “Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification”) prior to receiving the prize or an alternate winner will be chosen.
- Method #1: All customers completing a transaction at a participating location that includes a jewelry purchase (including completing a layaway transaction that includes a purchase of jewelry) during the Sweepstakes Period (hereinafter referred to as a “Jewelry Transaction”) will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. If a customer completes more than one Jewelry Transaction during the Sweepstakes Period, the customer will be entered once for each Jewelry Transaction up to a maximum of three (3) entries. If a Jewelry Transaction includes more than one piece of jewelry, the highest priced jewelry item(s) in each Jewelry Transaction (up to a maximum of three (3) Jewelry Transactions), shall be entered into the Sweepstakes and will be used to determine the prize amount. For example, if a customer completes a Jewelry Transaction that includes a ring priced at $200.00, a necklace priced at $400.00 and a pair of earrings priced at $600.00, then the earrings would be the piece of jewelry entered into the Sweepstakes for that Jewelry Transaction. For a list of participating store locations, please visit: https://rogersandhollands.com/store-locations
Method #2: Entrant may mail in a piece of paper on which they have handwritten the following information: 1. Entrant’s First and Last Name 2. Mailing Address 3. Preferred Store Location
For a list of store locations, please visit: https://rogersandhollands.com/store-locations .
Each mail-in entry, up to a maximum of three (3), must be mailed separately. The paper must be mailed in an envelope along with the proper postage to: Rogers Enterprises, Inc. Win Your Purchase Sweepstakes – Free Entry, Attention: Amber S., 20821 S. Cicero Avenue, Matteson, IL 60443. All paper entries must be legible. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by Wednesday, February 14, 2018 and received by Wednesday, February 21, 2018.
All mail-in entries must be handwritten, become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY, THERE IS A LIMIT OF THREE (3) ENTRIES PER PERSON. All eligible entries received will be entered in the Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZE DETAILS: There will be a total of ten (10) winners chosen. The winners will receive one (1) of the following prizes:
1. For Method #1 entrants, a refund of the highest priced jewelry piece in the Jewelry Transaction entry, up to a maximum of $500.00, will be awarded in the form of a check made out to the winner. For example, if a customer wins who was entered in the Sweepstakes based on a Jewelry Transaction that included a ring priced at $200.00, a necklace priced at $400.00 and a pair of earrings priced at $600.00, then the earrings would be the piece of jewelry entered into the Sweepstakes for that Jewelry Transaction. And if that entry won, then the prize would be a refund of $500.00 of the amount paid for the $600.00 earrings.
2. For Method #2 entrants, five hundred ($500.00) dollars in the form of a check made out to the winner will be awarded.
No prizes will be awarded at the store locations. All prize notifications will be completed using the customer phone number or address noted in the point of sale system or provided on the mail-in entry card. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for incorrect phone and address information. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that the Sweepstakes Entities have been provided with the correct telephone number and mailing address. All potential prize winners will be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 (entitled “Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification”) prior to receiving the prize or an alternate winner will be chosen. The potential prize winner will have a reasonable amount of time (further details below) to complete the IRS form and return it to REI in order to receive the prize. Any taxes on the prizes and all other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded is the sole responsibility of the winner. In the event any prize is cancelled or postponed for reasons beyond the Sweepstakes Entities control, that portion of the prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. Certain additional restrictions may apply.
The value of the prizes may be reported to the IRS as income. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes of equal or greater value if for any reason any of the prizes become unavailable.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The winners shall be selected from all eligible entries via five (5) separate random drawings. Which random drawing eligible entries are entered into shall be determined by the location of the Jewelry Transaction (for Method #1 entries) and the Preferred Store Location (for Method #2 entries). Two winners will be chosen in each random drawing for a total of ten (10) winners. Each of the five (5) random drawings will be held on Friday, February 23, 2018.
7. AWARDING/ NOTIFICATION OF PRIZE: The ten (10) potential prize winners shall be notified via the phone number provided on Friday, February 23, 2018. The potential prize winners must verify their address information to Sponsor within a five (5) business day period or alternate prize winners will be selected. After the potential prize winner has verified his or her address, REIwill send the potential prize winner a notification letter and include the IRS W-9 form and a self-addressed stamped envelope for the potential prize winner to use to return the W-9 form. All prize winners must complete and return the IRS W-9 form to REI in order to receive their prize money. The W-9 form must be post-marked within 10 business days of the date REI sends it to the potential prize winner or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
The prize winners may also be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where legal, Publicity Release. Such documents must be signed and returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If any potential winner fails to sign and return such documents within that time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules, then that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, or if the prize(s) is undeliverable, the prize(s) will be forfeited. PRIZES ARE AWARDED AS IS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.)
8. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
9. PRIVACY: Sweepstakes Entities will be collecting personal data about you for the administration of the Sweepstakes and for purposes of market research. No such personal data will be transferred or sold to any third party except in the following circumstances:
- When you give permission to do so;
- When in good faith one of the Sweepstakes Entities believes the law requires it;
- Under limited circumstances specifically described to you when the information is collected; or
- To contractors for data processing purposes, or to professional advisors, provided that such contractors or professional advisors are restricted from using the information for any purpose other than as described in these Official Rules.
10. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sweepstakes Entities to use the winner’s name, likeness, voice and comments for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in any media without limitation and without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
11. DISQUALIFICATION: The following are prohibited and will result in automatic disqualification from the Sweepstakes: (1) using any method that artificially increases odds of winning; (2) non-compliance with these Official Rules; and (3) any other act that the Sweepstakes Entities determine, in their sole discretion, jeopardizes the integrity of the Sweepstakes.
12. OFFICIAL RULES/ WINNERS LIST: Copies of these Official Rules are available at each participating store location as noted in Section 4 above. The winners list is also available by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request to Rogers Enterprises, Inc. Win Your Purchase Sweepstakes, Attention: Amber S., 20821 S. Cicero Avenue, Matteson, IL 60443. Requests must be received by March 31, 2018.
13. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations; provided, however, that the Sweepstakes is not subject to the laws of any jurisdiction outside the United States. The Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to terminate or withdraw the Sweepstakes at any time, by posting a notice at the store participating locations. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the Sweepstakes End Date, Sponsor will determine the Layaway Sweepstakes winners based on the total number of eligible entries as of the termination date.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and legal advisors (collectively the “Released Parties”), from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, any personal injury, death, or property damage. Under no circumstances shall any of the Released Parties have any liability or responsibility for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or faulty, illegible entry forms, (2) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point, (3) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the Sweepstakes (4) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or a Sweepstakes site or any combination thereof, (5) any injury or damage to a participant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download any materials in the Sweepstakes, or (6) any typographical error or other error in these Official Rules or in any other communication relating to the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of Sweepstakes Entities.
SPONSOR: ROGERS ENTERPRISES, INC., 20821 S. CICERO AVENUE, MATTESON, IL 60443.