Ashcroft & Oak Derby Days Contest
Ashcroft & Oak Derby Days (the “Contest”) is a contest sponsored by Rogers Enterprises, Inc., a Delaware corporation d/b/a Ashcroft & Oak Fine Jewelers (“Ashcroft & Oak”). The Contest is subject to the following terms:
- No Purchase Necessary. No purchase is necessary to win and a purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- Eligibility. Eligibility is open only to legal residents of the United States (other than residents of Rhode Island) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, agents, and immediate family members of employees and agents of, Ashcroft & Oak are not eligible to win the Contest. The Contest is (i) subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and (ii) void where prohibited.
- Timing. The “Contest Entry Period” means the period commencing April 23, 2016 at 9 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ending May 7, 2016 at 9 PM CT. Ashcroft & Oak’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter. You may enter the Contest by visiting any Ashcroft & Oak store (for store locations please visit www.ashcroftandoak.com/store-locator), completing an entry form, and turning it into one of the store’s sales associates during the Contest Entry Period. In the entry form, you will (i) guess which horse listed on the entry form will win the 2016 Kentucky Derby®, (ii) provide your name and e-mail address, and (iii) confirm that you are at least eighteen years old and are otherwise eligible to participate in the Contest. Ashcroft & Oak will discard incomplete and illegible entry forms, as well as entry forms that indicate that the entrant is not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Drawings and Winners Selection. Shortly after the end of the Contest Entry Period, Ashcroft & Oak will gather all eligible entry forms that correctly guessed the horse that won the 2016 Kentucky Derby® (the “Correct Entries”).
- Grand Prize and Second Prize Winners. Ashcroft & Oak will randomly select, from all Correct Entries, one (1) grand prize winner, and three (3) second prize winners. After the potential winners are selected, Ashcroft & Oak will attempt to notify the potential winners by sending an email to the email address used to enter the Contest. Each potential winner must complete and return to Ashcroft & Oak an affidavit of eligibility, liability & publicity release in the form requested by Ashcroft & Oak (“Affidavit”) within fifteen (15) days of Ashcroft & Oak’s attempted contact in order to claim his or her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to complete and return the Affidavit within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize. In such event, Ashcroft & Oak will select an alternate potential winner by random drawing from remaining Correct Entries. Only two (2) alternate drawings will be held, after which the forfeited prize will not be awarded.
- Correct Entry Prize Winners. Ashcroft & Oak will email a coupon to the email address associated with each Correct Entry (each, a “Derby Days Coupon”).
- Grand Prize. One (1) prize, consisting of cash in an amount equal to the sum of all the winner’s Eligible Purchases, up to a maximum of $2,500. If the winner did not make any Eligible Purchases, the prize shall consist of cash in an amount equal to the per consumer average of all Eligible Purchases, up to a maximum of $2,500. As used herein, “Eligible Purchases” means the purchases of goods from Ashcroft & Oak, whether in-store or online, during the Contest Entry Period (net of any returns, shipping charges and taxes). Eligible Purchases do not include repairs, insurance claims or any previously purchased merchandise. The grand prize shall be paid via check issued by Ashcroft & Oak. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $0 – 2,500, depending on the amount of the winner’s Eligible Purchases or, if the winner made no Eligible Purchases, depending on the per consumer average of all Eligible Purchases.
- Second Prizes. Three (3) Ashcroft & Oak Derby Days-themed gift baskets. Ashcroft & Oak will determine the contents of each gift basket in its sole discretion. ARV of each basket: $150
- Derby Days Coupons. One (1) Derby Days Coupon for each Correct Entry. Each Derby Day Coupon will entitle the bearer to the stated price reduction on future purchases at Ashcroft & Oak. Except where prohibited by law, each Derby Days Coupon is subject to the additional terms and conditions identified on the face of, or accompanying, the Derby Day Coupon. The number of Derby Days Coupon issued will equal the number of Correct Entries.
- Limits on Entry. One entry per person per day during the Contest Entry Period. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than one entry per day during the Contest Entry Period by using multiple identities or other methods will void that entrant’s entries. In the event of any dispute as to entry, the authorized account holder (the natural person registered as the email account owner with the email account provider) of the email address used to enter the Contest shall be deemed to be the entrant. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Each potential winner must provide Ashcroft & Oak with a valid home or business address, in addition to such other information as may be requested in the Affidavit.
- Prizes and Odds.
Total ARV of all prizes: $2,950. Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable. Except for the Grand Prize, no prizes are redeemable for cash. Odds of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible Correct Entries received.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Ashcroft & Oak, its agents and affiliates, use of such winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, notification, permission or consideration.
- Taxes. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and fees associated with his or her prize.
- General Conditions. Ashcroft & Oak reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest or any part of it if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Ashcroft & Oak in its sole discretion. Ashcroft & Oak reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Ashcroft & Oak reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Other. Ashcroft & Oak is not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by a printing or typographical error or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or network hardware or software; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) any errors, problems or malfunctions of any kind, whether caused by technical or human or other error which may occur in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems that may occur in the administration of the Contest, processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any other Contest related material; (v) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, incomplete, delayed, misdirected, garbled, or stolen entries; or (vi) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Trademarks. Ashcroft & Oak® is a registered trademark of Rogers Enterprises, Inc., a Delaware corporation d/b/a Ashcroft & Oak Fine Jewelers. Kentucky Derby® is a registered trademark of Churchill Downs Incorporated, which is not sponsoring, affiliated with, or connected with the Contest.
Ashcroft & Oak